The Chamber of Mines congratulates the ministers whose portfolios impinge on the mining sector. The ministers appointed by President Akufo-Addo to head ten (10) key ministries are:
- John-Peter Amewu, Minister for Lands & Natural Resources
- (Prof.) Kwabena Frimpong Boateng, Minister for Environment, Science, Technology and Innovation
- Boakye Agyarko, Minister for Energy
- Hon Kofi Adda, Ministry of Water Resources and Sanitation
- Alan John Kwadwo Kyeremanten, Minister for Trade and Industry
- Ken Ofori-Atta, Minister for Finance
- Albert Kan Dapaah, Minister for National Security
- Dominic Nitiwul, Minister for Defence
- Ambrose Derry, Minister for the Interior
- Alima Mahama, Minister for Local Government and Rural Development
In separate congratulatory messages, the Chief Executive Officer of the Chamber, Mr. Sulemanu Koney expressed optimism that the individuals appointed by the president to serve in the various Ministries are capable of supporting the president’s vision of transforming the country.
He stated that the Chamber is ready to put its expertise and ideas at the disposal of the officials of the government to help in every way possible to make Ghana the hub of mining in West Africa.